On a normal week, I juggle about 6-13 shoots a week. These aren’t mini sessions, they are all shoots that last about an hour or more. It’s a lot!
We will talk about how I manage to edit so many photos, all the while juggling two kids under 5 and try to be a good wife. In order to do so, I need an amazing system to keep me on track so I don’t double book myself, show up on time, and the billing too! Let’s also talk about how much editing I have to do!
Finally, I will touch upon HOW I get this many photoshoots a week, in case you don’t do that many shoots (yet!) and want to know!
How I edit and deliver 6-13 galleries per week
My galleries are all due within 2 weeks from photoshoot day, which means I do have that many due every week.
Do I edit all my photos? The simple answer is no. Here is a video of my step by step process of how my photos go from the camera, folders, LightRoom (sometimes Photoshop), and into my client galleries!
Here are the tools/systems I use to be able to crank out 6-13 galleries a week that contain at least 100 images. (You can check out my portfolio to see how much I deliver to my clients!)
These are my backup gear/system. I have my photos/RAWs in 3 places at all times.
- This is the smaller external hard (1TB) drive I use to keep the galleries I am currently editing/have not sent to clients yet (I’ve gone through so many and this is the best since I don’t need an extra dongle for my MacBook)
- This is the large external hard drive (10TB) where I keep all of my galleries I sent to clients.
- These are the SD cards I use, and I keep all non-delivered gallery RAWs on it until I deliver
The folder/catalog system allows me to make sure I don’t lose my culling process and keeps everything in the right folder and easily accessible. I do keep my SD cards as is until I deliver the galleries.
How do I keep track of clients, communication, payment, and schedule?!
Simple answer? HoneyBook.
Yes, yes, I have an affiliate link. But WATCH THIS VIDEO and you will see how invaluable this tool is if you are a busy photographer (or if you are about to be super busy implementing all my strategies of how I grew my business from 0 to 6 figures in my first year 😉).
You will also get 50% off your first year if you sign up through this link. That’s amazing!
If you did purchase my super-duper discounted client communication templates I use too, then I will also upload all the templates into your account too!
Tips and Tricks on How to Manage So Much in So Little Time
If I put in in a simple list, these are specific tricks I use through HoneyBook to efficiently use my time I spend “working”, but still give so much love and attention that my clients deserve!
- Templates, templates, templates. HoneyBook allows for so many different templates. When I get an inquiry, I literally spend 30 seconds to send a response. A little more if an inquiry asks for specific questions that are not covered normally. I have templates for:
- Inquiry response
- Following up to inquiries
- Proposals (which is a way for clients to sign the contract and pay for the deposit)
- Photoshoot prep email I send a week before
- App. HoneyBook has an app that you can send a proposal (another template) – which is a way for clients to pay your deposit, attached to a perfectly crafted template email from a phone app! I never have to tell a client “ok, I will send something over when I get to a computer”. So easy!
- Questionnaire. This is also a template, but it’s so important to have to get to know your clients a little. It’s an easy to fill the questionnaire, and 99% of my clients fill it out because it’s so easy!
My clients seriously always comment on how fast of a communicator I am, and if you see my reviews on Yelp, I think most people mention how EASY it is working with me! I owe it all to HoneyBook.
How Do I Get So Many Shoots a Week?
Phew. This is a loaded question! It’s a combination of SEO, ads, being everywhere, and hopefully, people are booking me because they like my photos!
Honestly, though, I think it is because I am quick to respond and I CARE and I am polite. I take the time to be nice and caring. Anyone can get all the inquiries in the world but if you don’t respond the right way, and take them through a proper and excellent client experience, I won’t get the bookings.
Finally, I do offer and teach ALL of this in my 4-week Bootcamp! Registration is closed now but will open back up soon. Get more info on that here if you are interested and want to get on the waitlist!
Did you like this post? Pin it so you can come back to it later!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may get a small commission at no additional cost to you. You will get the product for exactly how much it is sold in the marketplace. All opinions are of our own, and none were provided or influenced by the companies or individuals.